Friday, May 20, 2011

Perfect Moments: Spa Day

Today's moment....
Beau Rivage pool Pictures, Images and Photos

Today was such a nice day! I spent it at the Beau Rivage Spa with my mother-in-law. We passed the time relaxing in the sauna, taking in the view of the Gulf Coast, walking along the bridge, and soaking sore muscles in a warm jacuzzi. But, the perfect moment of the day came when I was laying out in the sun looking at the gulf and the fine-grained, white sand along the beach with the warm breeze gently blowing over my body. Normally, in a moment like this, I would be preoccupied by wondering if my son was ok or if he might be missing me or be upset about me spending a day away. That wasn't the case today. I was able to just drink it all in with a free mind. It took me so long to realize that if I do not give myself times like these and do things I enjoy on my own every now and then, I am not only doing myself a disservice, but also my family. Why? Because when I return, I return with renewed enthusiasm for life, for my dreams--a renewed desire to be a better wife, mother, friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment