Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Perfect Moments: A Quiet Room

Darkness by Sully Pictures, Images and Photos

Today's perfect moment is actually happening right now as I write this. My son is asleep, the laundry is in the dryer, I am on my comfy bed, and the lights are all turned off. I looooooove quiet. I always have. I love that the only sound I can hear right now is my fingers tapping on the keyboard. Silence has played such an incredibly important part in the maintenance of my sanity over the years. It may sound strange, but when I am all alone in a dark, quiet space, that is when I feel the most connected to everything and everyone around me. It is when I think the best thoughts and am visited by my dear friends Inspiration and Strength. We all mingle for a while, catching up on old news and making plans together for the future. They stay until the noise of life returns and becomes so loud that they cannot bear it any longer. They hide away for a time until I make my way into the stillness once more. Then, we meet again, our friendship renewed--my passions returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment