Friday, May 13, 2011

Perfect Moments: Home

Street scene A Pictures, Images and Photos

Today's moment....

Today we traveled all day long from our home in California to get to New Orleans. The perfect moment came when we stepped out of the Louis Armstrong airport in NOLA and felt that sweet, humid, Southern evening breeze. Some may complain of the humidity down here but, to me, it is like a warm blanket welcoming me to a place that in many ways feels more like "home" than home to me. I love it here. They grow some good men...and I think I might have been been a Southerner in a past life because the food here just suits me soooo well:)!!! Down here life is slow....but, not in a bad way. Just as it is with their cooking, the slower you let it come to a simmer, the more developed the flavor. The flavor of the South is charm and soul mixed in with a pinch of humility, and a heap full of warmth. Feels good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment