Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Two Toothbrushes


Two toothbrushes, side-by-side, on the sink
His is blue, mine is pink

There used to only be one
but its been a while and I can't bring to memory
how things were before there was a you and me
I'm sure things were easier
No opposing views and dirty socks to pick from the floor
But, I'm also sure that without you, my life would be a bore
Because we're different
As in, "Why you always gotta' cry?"
As in, "Why do you always need a why?"
Yes, we're different
As in, "Why can't you work on that later and come to bed?"
As in, "Why can't you see if I didn't work on this, you'd have a cot instead?"
Yes, we're different
As in, "Babe, I know it's late, but can you go to the store for some ice cream?"
As in, "Damn! Only place I want to go is to put my head on a pillow and dream?"
But you went anyway
You always do
And I know everyday
Is better with, not without, you
So though, at times, we miss each other's message
Things get lost in translation
One thing is crystal clear about our frustration
Its about men are from Mars and women from Venus
Its got nothing to do with a lack of love between us
So, I'll take you, and your dirty socks that stink
And I'm glad there are still two toothbrushes, side-by-side, on our sink

Two toothbrushes, side-by-side on the sink
His is blue, mine is pink

No comments:

Post a Comment