Friday, September 10, 2010

He shines his little light


In a few days, my son will be turning three. Although there are no words in this world that quite capture what I think about and feel for my son, I can say this:

I love my son. He is the most precious thing on this earth to me. The other day, he fell asleep in my arms just like he used to when he was a little baby. I just looked down at that beautiful, round face and was thankful for that moment. There will only be a few more of those moments before he gets to be too big and doesn’t want to be comforted in my arms like a baby. That brings a bit of sadness, but also it makes me cherish these very priceless moments. I wonder if he will grow up and know just how much I really love him, how much I want to give him a good life, how hard his mommy (and daddy) tried to give him as many precious and meaningful experiences as possible. I just want good things for him--for him to have everything and still be thankful and kind-hearted. He is a glorious soul, filled with so much innate wisdom, understanding, tenderness, and joy. May he never lose that joy, that bright spirit that lights up the world. This world can bring sorrow, can bring pain, and fear, I pray it never touches him. But if it does, I pray he has been given something by God and us to keep him strong and to help his heart to remain light. Thank you, thank you for this gift, this wonderful gift of being able to feel this much love and want these things for someone other than myself. I’m blessed. We’re blessed, baby son, to have you and feel the warmth you bring to a sometimes cold and lonely world.

This is a lullaby song for my son who, when he was born, came out with two of the biggest feet you'll ever see on a newborn!!:):

When you came into this world, all that I could see
Was a head full of hair, and two big, little feet
They were just like your daddy's, so strong and so wide
And as I watched him hold you, I smiled as I cried
And I said,

Where will those feet take you son, where will those feet go
Will they take you somewhere grand, I surely do hope so
I hope that they will guide you to follow your dreams
And if you should stumble, somewhere down that street
I know you'll always land back on, those two big, little feet

He's got a million dollar smile and his little curls
He loves his Michael Jackson, dinosaurs, and girls
He's getting so big now that it's hard to believe
That I once held in one hand, those two big, little feet
And I still say,

Where will those feet take you son, where will those feet go
Will they take you somewhere grand, I surely do hope so
I hope that they will guide you to follow your dreams
And if you should stumble somewhere down that street
I know you'll always stand back on those two big, little feet

I love you papas!

No comments:

Post a Comment