Tuesday, August 10, 2010

51, 544 words later....


Well, folks. I would like to announce that I have FINALLY finished my first draft!!! It is 3:10am, my fingers and hands are cramped, my eyes are blurry from staring at the computer screen, and my husband is lying in our bed...alone -- but, I'm done. Well, kind of. There are a few tweaks here and there, some combing through, revisions, rewrites, etc., etc., but...at least the meat is cooked. I am too tired to really feel like I accomplished something tonight...right now, I'm more relieved...but, maybe after some rest I will feel it...we shall see.

"What are you going to do now?," you may ask. My answer is, "I'm going to Disneyland!" Ha ha. No, really...I AM going to Disneyland. I decided that to celebrate the completion of this first draft, I will spend the day with my son at the place where we BOTH enjoy being so much. I'm looking forward to it. Thank you everyone who has commented to me in person for cheering for me. Please keep the cheering going as this is only the beginning of a long process. Love to you all. I must stop typing now before my hands fall off.

Wait...side note: I don't know how my husband does this EVERY day (for the past 5 years or so!). What an inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment