Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Not the Sun


I have not posted in a while. I am still letting things marinate right now. In the meantime, here is a little something, something. Not quite a poem...just thoughts I had today:

I am always searching for the sun

sitting near windows and on benches situated far away from the shade of the trees

just to feel those piercing rays of energy etch their way through the epidermal layer

of my skin and radiate throughout the rest of my body

yes, i love the sun

though I love it...I am cautious of it

for I know that if I let it touch me for too long and too strong, it's power might overcome me and rather than be a gentle friend, it may become a malevolent villain--cursing my skin with a touch that I could never welcome

there are books of poetry and albums full of songs that equate love to the sun

I have to admit, that I, in error, once did as well

but, love is not the sun

you do not have to be cautious with it...for what is there to be cautious of if love's touch became too long and too strong?

what bad thing could come from being OVERcome by love?

though we need not fear it, though we need not put on a protective layer of white film between us and love....sometimes we do it anyway

but, love is not the sun

I will sit near the window and on the benches situated far away from the shade of the trees and let love's rays of energy etch their way into my being..without caution..without fear...and allow it to radiate a pulse of warmth throughout my body

love is not the sun

I do not have to search for love....it has found me and it's touch is one that I will always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment